Updated December 20, 2017
Information that We Collect
- Personal Information such as geographic location (for instance, if you access the Sites through a mobile device, we may receive your device’s geographic coordinates), name, phone number, postal address, email address, age, gender, and payment information (e.g., credit card and billing information);
- Technical Information such as IP address, browser type, operating system, mobile carrier, and unique device identifier, as well as your activity on the Site;
- Information from other commercially available sources, such as data aggregators and public databases, or our business partners, which may include your interests and activities online, such as websites visited and advertisements you have viewed.
- If you post or share Information or content, such as photos, letters, videos, or comments, while participating in online forums on our Sites, or when you interact with our Sites through Social Media Sites (“User Content”), your username, or any other personally identifying or other such information contained in Content that you upload, may become public. We cannot prevent any use of this Information once it is made public. It’s your choice whether to include sensitive information in Content you provide via the Sites. Please do not post or add personal data to your profile that you would not want to be publicly available.
How We Use Such Information
Our uses of this Information may include:
- Serving and customizing the content that you are presented on the Sites
- Sending transactional messages, including responding to user comments, questions, and requests, providing service and support, and sending technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages
- Verifying your identity to carry out transactions through the Sites, such as changing your account information, or retrieving a forgotten username or password
- Sending promotional communications, such as providing you information about services, features, newsletters, offers, promotions, products, services contests, and events
- Displaying ads that are relevant for you
- Fulfilling your requests for products or services
- Resolving issues with the Sites or services
- Compiling aggregate data and conducting research for internal business purposes
- Preserving the security and integrity of the Sites, Information, and other data
- Investigating, preventing, or addressing harm to our users or potentially illegal activities
- Protecting our rights and legitimate interests
We may also use Information we collect to communicate with you. You may from time to time receive messages from our general mailing list (e.g., messages about upcoming improvements to the Sites including new features or services, or content offerings that may be of interest to you). You can opt out of receiving promotional messages at any time by updating your Site preferences, by or following instructions in the emails you receive. However, you may still be served generic advertising on the Sites that is not customized to you personally.
If you choose to submit content for publication online or in other forums, we may publish your screen name and other Information you have provided to us on our Sites, the Internet, or elsewhere.
We may use technical and usage Information to improve the design, functionality and content of our Sites and to enable us to personalize your experience with our Sites and offerings. We may use this Information (i) to provide, develop, maintain, personalize, protect, and improve our Sites, products, programs, and services and to operate our business, (ii) to perform analytics, including to analyze and report on usage and performance of our Sites, (iii) to protect against, identify, and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, and (iv) to create aggregate data, in anonymized or pseudonymized form, about groups or categories of our users.
Cookies and Other Technologies
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content within the Site. We may track this click-through data to help us measure the effectiveness of our communications. To avoid this tracking, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Managing Your Privacy
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages or targeted advertising from us by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org and following instructions in the emails you receive. However, you may still be served generic advertising on the Sites that is not customized to you personally.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as needed to fulfill the purpose for which we collected it and for a reasonable period thereafter in order to comply with audit, contractual, or legal requirements, provided that you may request that we delete certain Personal Information as further provided under the heading “Access to Your Personal Information”. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We may retain aggregated or de-identified data indefinitely or to the extent allowed by applicable law. We may retain Personal IObispo, Jacqueline <JObispo@fkks.com>.
– Service Providers
We may share Information with companies that provide certain services such as managing and enhancing data, providing customer service, and to those outside companies that possess the technology that allows us to customize the advertising and marketing messages you receive while using the Site. Your Information may be shared with these companies so that they can provide these services on our behalf.
– Change In Control
We may disclose or transfer your Information to one or more third parties in connection with the sale of all or part of our business or if we are otherwise involved in a merger, business transfer, sale, acquisition, reorganization or restructuring, if we sell or transfer our assets, or in the event of a bankruptcy proceeding or reorganization.
We may disclose Information to our affiliates to provide, improve, offer, market, and otherwise communicate with you about our respective products and services.
We may link to content, programs, or sites of third parties, which may include, as examples, contests, sweepstakes, promotions that are sponsored by or co-branded with identified third parties. These third parties may collect or obtain Information from participating visitors pursuant to their own terms and privacy policies. We cannot control third parties’ use of this Information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of all third parties in order to learn about their data practices.
– Required Disclosure
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for us to disclose your Information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a merger, sale, acquisition, reorganization or restructuring we may transfer any and all Information we collect to the relevant third party.
We take commercially reasonable efforts to protect against loss, misuse, or unauthorized alteration of your Information; however, we cannot guarantee and we do not warrant that loss, misuse or alteration of Information will not occur, and we are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your Information. It is also important for you to guard against unauthorized access to your passwords and the unauthorized use of your browser, computer, and/or mobile device.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13 we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
We operate internationally, but our Sites are currently based in the United States of America. Please be aware that any information you provide to us or that we obtain as a result of your use of the Site may be processed and transferred to the United States and be subject to United States law. The privacy and data protection laws in the United States may not be equivalent to such laws in your country of residence (e.g., the European Union or Switzerland). By using the Site or by providing us with information, you consent to this collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in the United States.
Do Not Track Disclosures
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites with which the user communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they are aware of them. We currently do not take action in response to these signals.
Access to Your Personal Information
You may request information about our practices related to disclosing your personal information to certain third parties and/or opt-out of our sharing of your personal information with unaffiliated third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Please send your request (along with your full name, email address, postal address, and the subject line labeled “Your Information Rights”) by email at email@example.com
You may request we provide you with information about whether we hold any of your Personal Information received or transferred from the EU and/or Switzerland. You may also request us to correct, update, amend, or remove your Personal Information that you know or have reason to believe is in our possession by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting us by postal mail at the contact information listed below. When contacting us, please provide us with detailed information about the Personal Information you are requesting we correct, update, amend, or remove, and the timeframe and manner in which you believe we came to collect it. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe. If we obtained your Personal Information from a customer or third party acting on your behalf, you should contact the company or person you provided your information to. In certain circumstances, we may be required by law, our auditors, or other legitimate business purposes to keep information about you.
If you have concerns or issues about any personal information that is contained on the Sites, including if you believe that a User has posted personal information about you that violates your rights, or an unauthorized profile of you has been created, please contact us via the information below and we will attempt to resolve the matter quickly. For your protection, we will only implement such requests with respect to the personal information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before considering your request.
Gunpowder & Sky, LLC
2260 South Centinela Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90064
Attn: Privacy Office